In case you weren’t already tracking, today is the release of Waltz of the Wizard for the Vive. This VR title has been teased since January when the trailer shown below came out and while browsing the Steam store last night we noticed the download was going to unlock today. While we have downloaded, but haven’t had time to review Waltz of the Wizard first hand we have seen some excellent gameplay showing up online already.
Here’s the official release trailer:
Waltz of the Wizard, a title by Aldin Dynamics, is downloadable for free in Steam and contains lots of magical powers for all the wand waving Harry Potter fans out there. For a free virtual experience the devs really put a lot of details into the making of this game and have provided what already looks to be a quality piece of work. Since this isn’t the first virtual reality game this studio has release it shouldn’t come as a surprise that everything looks so good.
In the experience, you as the wizard can create a handful of spells by throwing odd items into a magical pot. From your concoctions you can unlock magical power s like: Fireballs, Air Drawing, Giant, Transmute, Weightless, and more. You can also travel to mystical places by opening portals when playing tunes on a musical instrument.
We can’t wait to take a look at the wizard’s lair for ourselves, but in the meantime check out Nathie’s YouTube channel for a detailed walk through inside the game.
What do you think about the free release of Waltz of the Wizard? The game obviously looks like a great time and we would’ve paid something for it. Will this freeware make you more inclined to pay for a future release from Aldin Dynamics? Maybe a part two release would be worth buying.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016