Another week and another university as the Vive Campus Tour continues to hang in the Lone Star State for a third week. This time the team will be setting up shop at Southern Methodist University Monday thru Thursday of this week (8-11 February).
What does the demo include?
Visitors should expect approximately 20-30 minutes of mind-blowing virtual experiences that only scrape the surface of capabilities VR and the Vive can do. You’ll get some one-on-one time with the Vive Pre, the latest rendition of the developer kit and likely the closest match to the consumer version due out this April.
One of the best titles you’ll get to demo is the Job Simulator game where robots have replaced our basic duties in the workforce and give you a chance to pretend like you have a job. Job Simulator’s developers recently revealed a refreshed look of the kitchen for the Chef role so we’d love to hear your feedback on the new layout.
A really cool demo would involve all the demo spaces jumping into a Hover Junkies multiplayer match where users hop on a hovering ship driving around looking for people to shoot.
When and where is the demo happening?
Students and faculty of Southern Methodist University should head over to the McFarlin Auditorium, 2nd Floor Mezzanine Monday thru Thursday. Signups begin at 9AM each day, with demos kicking off at 10AM and running 8PM. The earlier you get there the better chance you will have to try the new HTC Vive Pre.
— HTC Vive (@htcvive) February 5, 2016
We hope y’all are able to take the Vive for a test spin, because we know it will truly be a shocking experience. Tune in here for all upcoming news related to the HTC Vive and HTC’s future in the VR space. For up to the minute demo info please tune into @HTCVive on Twitter.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016