Just two days after pre-orders begin for the consumer version of the HTC Vive, the Campus Tour team will be setting up shop at Michigan State University for a 4 day demo extravaganza. Will the Spartans of MSU be ready for such an amazing virtual reality experience?
We bet they are!
What does the demo include?
Visitors should expect approximately 20-30 minutes of mind-blowing virtual experiences that only scrape the surface of capabilities VR and the Vive can do. You’ll get some one-on-one time with the Vive Pre, the latest rendition of the developer kit and likely the closest match to the consumer version due out this April. Just last week, HTC introduced us to the consumer version at Mobile World Congress so there’s a chance they will begin to showcase this model on the campus tour.
One of the best titles you’ll get to demo is the Job Simulator game where robots have replaced our basic duties in the workforce and give you a chance to pretend like you have a job. Job Simulator’s developers recently revealed a refreshed look of the kitchen for the Chef role so we’d love to hear your feedback on the new layout. One of the most simple and mind tingling virtual experiences is TiltBrush by Google. TiltBrush turns the space you’re in into a canvas for your imagination. Once you make that first line or stroke with the brush and walk around the paint you just layed, BOOM, your mind is blown. We’ve also just learned that these experiences will be included with the Vive along with one other title, for a limited time only.
There’s a bunch of titles readily available at this point and we bet the traveling Vive gang has more than just the typical demo games installed. If you are getting a demo we suggest being brave and asking for something a little more daring. See if they have Arizona Sunshine installed and get into some Zombie killing. Or you can ask if they have Fantastic Contraption, which is the third title offered with pre-orders of the HTC Vive.
Where and When?
The Michigan State University Campus Tour will take place at the Union Ballroom and is for students and faculty only due to guidelines. You can show up as early as 9AM Wednesday thru Saturday to sign up to be one of the first for a demo which typically kicks off at 10AM and goes around the clock until 8PM.
— HTC Vive (@htcvive) February 26, 2016
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016