HTC’s VP of VR took the Vive on CNBC’s The Spark to give the host, Kelly Evans a demo of WEVR’s theBLU Encounter an underwater experience.
The opportunity to demo the Vive on CNBC was perfect as the team was in New York for a one day VR conference where other VR experiences were being showcased along with the Vive.
Dan O’Brien got to tell the nation how soon they can pre-order the Vive (this Monday for those who just climbed out from under a rock) and what their $799 will get them. He mentions that HTC worked with their partners at Valve to create this amazing product and how the team feels very comfortable with the price of this virtual reality system.
With limited talk time on live TV, Dan didn’t get to mention the Vive will include two popular titles with each pre-order. Those titles are Job Simulator and Fantastic Contraption.
— HTC Vive (@htcvive) February 26, 2016
This isn’t the first time the Vive has made it on TV, but at least now HTC is prepared to give people the important details like how much it costs, what comes with it, and when it will ship. Speaking of shipping, HTC told CNBC the Vive will be sold in 24 countries although firm pricing info hasn’t been broadcast as of today.
We hope many of you will be in a virtual line with us to pre-order the Vive on Monday. Check back here as well will share our experience of the pre-order process. Would anyone be interested in a live stream of this? Doubtful, but just checking.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016