Happy one year anniversary HTC Vive! On this day, one year ago, people started receiving their pre-ordered shipments of the best room-scale virtual reality system on the market. Somewhere around 15,000 orders were said to have been placed during the initial 24-hours.
I was :08. That means my order was submitted 8 minutes after the sale went live and according to HTC, I was among the first in line to get my order. I patiently waited and received my Vive on April 15th. It was a glorious unboxing day, that my family was excited to take part in.
HTC wants to wish all of us a happy first year anniversary by offering specials for early adopters and $100 for Vive purchases made on April 5, 2017. If you don’t have the Viveport software installed on our VR machine, today is the day you will want to change that.
Today will mark the beginning of Viveport Subscriptions. The service will be free for the first month and only $6.99 per month after that. With more than 50 titles available at launch, subscribers will get unlimited access to 5 titles or you can rotate 5 new experiences each month. Registration and full details can be found at Viveport.com.
Some must have apps that are available include:
- TheBlu ($9.99 value)
- Richie’s Plank Experience ($7.99 value)
- Everest VR ($14.99 value)
- Fantastic Contraption ($29.99 value)
- Mars Odyssey ($7.99 value)
For $6.99 a month, you basically get to try 5 unique experiences that you can flat out try before you buy and switch to a new set of 5 titles every month. Viveport Subscriptions is a first of its kind in the world of VR. You could try all the titles mentioned above for less than any single item costs!
Vive Studios is giving away a free copy of Arcade Saga for first year, early adopters. The campaign mode alone has 84 levels and there’s an online multiplayer mode for those who like to test their skills, head-to-head with other players.
Get $100 off a new Vive
If you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on a new Vive, your time is here. HTC is offering the purchase of a new Vive in the US and Europe for $699. With the addition of a recent payment plan option, that would bring a monthly total to under $40. When your new Vive arrives don’t forget to sign up for a month free of the Viveport Subscription.
HTC has had an amazing year with its first ever virtual reality headset. Thanks to the company for bringing the celebration to our homes and offices in honor of a great first year. Cheers to the second year and all that the future holds.
Anyone buying the Vive or if you’ve had the Vive for a year should also invest in a comfy, waterproof face shield from VR Cover.
As an added benefit, HTC is celebrating with the release of a few computer wallpapers and SteamVR backgrounds. One of the graphics was created by an independent artist named Android Jones and instructions for adding a background to SteamVR can be found on this Vive Blog post. Wallpapers have a nice “VR YR/1.0” marking on them to commemorate Vive Day.
Source: Vive Blog
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016