The HTC Vive will make its appearance soon as well as other virtual reality viewfinders. The time has come for real-deal consumer quality virtual reality products and people are looking for ways to leverage the new medium.
For HTC, Vive will debut as a choice for gamers. As you should already know by now, HTC has partnered with Valve to establish a pretty strong foothold on the territory. A nice list of game developers have joined the Vive crowd and others are begging for a chance to buy a developer kit. Video gaming is about to blow up!
But gaming is not all virtual reality is about…
Everyone has a story and this could be the platform for them to use for virtual story telling of things that span from those of beauty to things of horror to things full of pleasure. The medical field is building a library of interactive practices, the folks that make those Paranormal movies are making a similar experience through a VR game, and I’m sure the adult entertainment world already has something that jives in the virtual space.
There are really passionate people out there who want their stories to have more of an impact on the world. Some are developing virtual experiences that retell tragic stories from multiple perspectives in an attempt to pull back the blinders of those who don’t know what it is like outside of their real world bubble.
There are lots of ways for people to embrace virtual reality to tell a story. If you could share your story how would you do it?
The New York Times is catching the virtual story telling buzz. See what exciting things they see coming down the pipe.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016