Yesterday we had ourselves another little unboxing of an Alienware product and this time it was the 15″ laptop with impressive specs.
If you’ve been following along, we originally purchase the Alienware 13 for a mobile VR solution, but after a professional recommendation from someone at Alienware we decided to take Dell up on their offer to return their products within 30 days with no re-stocking fee or any penalties. At this point, we’d had the Alienware 13 for about three weeks so we were still within the return period.
How easy is it to return an Alienware laptop?
In short, pretty darn easy as long as it is within the first 30 days. I called Dell and gave them my order number for the laptop; my original order included the laptop, graphics amp and desktop GPU. Dell wisely assigns each item with its own order number so when I only wanted to return one third of my original order it was super simple.
What’s in the box?
The box has an insane amount of foam padding in the box which is a good thing, because I was a little worried the first time I saw the delivery sitting on my porch. When you open the lid there’s a sturdy piece of foam attached to the inside of the lid for top protection. The laptop sits on the bottom and also has a fair amount of padding underneath it. Just under that are two small pamphlets and then above the laptop in a flip open area is the 180W power adapter.
- Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display
- 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz; up to 32GB
- 128GB M.2 SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
It’s been fun unboxing these Alienware laptops, but we’re ready for some Vive gameplay. Follow us for more upcoming virtual reality content!
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016