Watch out eBay, Swappa extends its range from smartphones to virtual reality and they want your gently used Vive systems, if you have those already. Swappa is a place for people to list their gently used mobile gadgets and now VR headsets in hopes of finding a like-minded buyer.
If you’ve ever used Swappa to buy or sell a smartphone they you may have recently received the email that hit our inbox. At the bottom of this email which talks about getting an extra day in February to buy phones are listing (or place holders rather) for the HTC Vive and Vive Developer Kit.
The first category will remain empty for a little while since pre-orders for the consumer version of the Vive don’t even start until tomorrow with shipments expected in early April. We haven’t seen any first generation Vive Developer Kits on sale anywhere, but are now noticing some Vive Pre listings on eBay after a bunch were gifted to attendees of a recent summit in California. It’s kind of a shame to see the Vive Pre listed after the summit, but not everyone has a computer capable of handling such a glorious virtual reality system. Makes us wonder why they were even at the summit to begin with.
Swappa should probably create a third category for the Vive Pre since more of those will be popping up and it really is a much different model than the original Vive Developer Kit. We wonder if anyone will pre-order the Vive with plans to list it on a site like Swappa or eBay?
How much would you list a Vive DK1 or Vive Pre if you had one of those items? How much would someone be willing to pay for one of these items? If you are unable to pre-order the Vive or are a developer looking for a place to get a dev kit you can subscribe to the listings on Swappa by linking one of your social media accounts like Facebook or Google+.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016