We’re only days away from the day the consumer version of the Vive ships and a great trailer for Fantastic Contraption has posted online by the developers. Some have already received their Vive tracking numbers and some received cancellation emails this weekend. Some or all of this video was shot in a studio with a camera connected to a third Vive controller and moved around the user for really awesome shots in the game. It helps express the experience outside of the headset from a two dimensional view. Beyond the chaos lies the beauty in what we have in store when the Vive arrives in our homes.
Fantastic Contraption is an endless gateway to fun with construction methods for delivering a pink ball to a pink goal.
Northway Games has put a lot of effort into the mechanics of this game; there’s 50 official levels in there! And they’ve even added a few extras in there like a drum set for the inner rocker in you. In fact, there will be many instruments for you to create your own music with. If you like a contraption you or one of your friends built, you can share it online or look there for examples of what others have come up with. The fun thing about this experience is that there’s no right or wrong way to build a contraption.
Fantastic Contraption is one of three titles included with the Vive (while supplies last) and it will be a great way to sell the Vive and it’s capabilities when your friends try it. If not, at least you’ll have fun for hours interacting with each other on the couch while watching a player come up with a way to get the ball to the goal. We can’t wait to meet Neko the cat-like toolbox that provides all the in game items to build your contraption with. Neko will travel along with you from level to level. Are you ready for this? We hope you’ll share your creations with us and maybe we can compete on the best performance on the levels.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016