The PC game Kumoon Ballistic Physics Puzzle game, which is now playable in VR according the page on Steam, has gone on sale for a week; or at least until a day after the Vive is supposed to start shipping.
As we continue to grow our wishlist of games or experiences to use with the HTC Vive, the Lucky You Studio has listed their Vive ready piece of work on sale for 25% less than their retail price.
How much does Kumoon cost?
The retail value of this software in the Steam store is $4.99 and after the 25% discount the temporary total is $3.74. There’s a link to the storefront page, but VR users will need to make sure they purchase the DLC pack since it includes the bits necessary to run in your headset. You have until April 6th to get the game at the red light special price.
How do you play Kumoon?
This playful puzzle game wants you to knock down all the blocks to advance to tougher levels. Some levels only require you to aim directly at the targets and hit the best one that will take down the most cubes. Some levels will require bank shots and the further you go the trickier your shots will have to be.
Where did Kumoon come from?
This game was originally made for the Assembly Game Dev competition back in 2005 and even won first prize! The original dev team parted ways, but has been brought back to life with more features and support in VR.
The store front for this game on Steam explicitly says that while playing in VR it requires the use of a keyboard/mouse or gamepad for maneuvering the player and launching balls at the targets. This will be interesting to try out without using the Vive controllers. We have the Xbox controller and dongle for use with our computer, but may just try using the keyboard controls. And also our computer is outside the area we’re gonna mount the lighthouses so we’ll have to come up with a flexible work around.
It would be great if the Lucky You Studio could incorporate the use of the Vive controllers and a way to cast your movements like other games are relying on.
Source: Kumoon Ballistic Physics Puzzle
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016