While HTC held a developer conference in China a couple days ago, Ms Cher Wang herself announced that HTC is offering up $100 million to invest in startup and developers through the Vive X Accelerator Program. The goal is to help boost the growing ecosystem of virtual experiences and help attract users to this new arena.
Get direct access to the best and most knowledgeable thought leaders in VR.
HTC has formed an alliance called the Asia-Pacific Virtual Reality Industry Alliance that includes partners like Lion’s Gate, Wevr, NVIDIA, AMD, and more. These companies will pull their resources together to help qualified program applicants build and introduce their projects to consumers of virtual reality. This alliance will even go so far as to offer mentoring to form industry professionals as developers products begin to formalize.
We have hand-picked the top VCs that really understand VR and want to help your company grow.
The Vive X VR Accelerator Program has a budget of $100 million for applicants. That might sound like a lot of money, but if you are a dev or a new startup we wouldn’t recommend you wait very long before submitting your application. An application consists of questions about your current projects, if they are already funded, how many people are on your team, your company’s social media outlets. This program will also help you with your social media marketing if you need it.
Let us help you deal with functions such as Accounting, Finance, HR, Legal etc. so that you can concentrate on making your company great.
Along with helping with projects financially, HTC is going to open three physical locations in Taipei, Beijing, and San Francisco that will offer additional resources. These places are supposed to open in May with more locations coming in the near future.
You will have opportunities to meet like-minded entrepreneurs, industry experts and investors from around the world.
Head over to HTC’s Vive X VR Accelerator Program page and if you’re a dev we hope this is the right fit for your project and we look forward to all the benefits consumers will reap from this initiative.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016