When you order the HTC Vive from Vive.com or on Steam the virtual reality system will come with the headset, controllers, lighthouses, all the necessary cables/accessories, and three games that run through the Vive in SteamVR. The Vive hardware is shipped in a single box, but you won’t find codes for the games that came along with your purchase. Game codes are delivered via email shortly after you receive a tracking number for the Vive.
Which game codes come with the Vive?
Just before pre-orders began, HTC announced that three titles would be included with Vive orders for a limited time. As of the date of this post, the games listed below are still included with a new purchase of the Vive. The bundle of games included at no extra cost is a $100 value!
The games you get are:
- Job Simulator
- Fantastic Contraption
- Tilt Brush
Also read: Where’s my bundled games for the Vive?
How many codes do I get?
Ordering and receiving your Vive is exciting! Some of you might expect these three games to be in the same physical package as your shiny new HTC Vive. This is not the case though. The three titles are usually emailed 24-48 hours after you receive a notification that your Vive has shipped. Instead of getting three individual codes for each game, HTC and Valve compiled them into a single code that unlocks all three in the Steam store. When this process began in April there was a glitch with the package and some were only getting one or two games after entering the game code in Steam, but that was fixed and those affected were provided everything they needed.
How do I add game codes to Steam?
There are a few easy steps to this process, but before we get started please note that you should already have Steam installed on your computer and be logged into your Steam account. From this point follow the steps below to add game codes to your Steam account.
- Launch Steam
- Go to the Library tab, then select the “+” icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- Select the option to activate a product on Steam
- Click Next in the new window that pops up, then read and click Okay to the terms of agreement.
- Go to your email with the game code and copy it to your clipboard.
- Past the game code in the product activation window
- Click Next.
After step seven your games should be added to your library, but they will still need to be download to your computer before you can play them. Since the games are rolled into one code you can only add it to one Steam account, meaning you can’t share the games with friends.
It’s nice that HTC and Valve were able to provide some quality games with the purchase of the HTC Vive and while they said the offer was for a limited time were happy to see that even today, the offer is still valid with new purchases. When and if the deal expires there’s still tons of amazing content available for free or for reasonable prices.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016