Do you love sharing the Vive experience with your friends and family members, but dislike the adjustment process when someone new tries on your Vive headset? The day has finally come for us to buy the new and improved HTC Vive head strap. The new hardware dubbed the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap is an add-on for first generation Vives as well as the Vive Pre and brings a few additional features compared to the original strap.
We first reported about the Deluxe Audio Strap in January at CES and have been patiently waiting for supplies to be available to the general public. For a list price of $99, the new head strap can be yours plus $18 for shipping and $7 collected in taxes. This brings the grand total at checkout to $125.07 if the standard shipping option is selected.
We ordered ours today and look forward to reviewing the install process, how it feels, and how much easier it is for friends to try.
Where to buy the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap
The Vive Deluxe Audio Strap can be purchased at Vive.com and any other Vive retailer for $99.99 (€119.99, £99.99, ¥799.00).
So how does the new head strap hold up and is it worth buying? Check out an early review from our friends Cas and Chary for those details!
How to install and info for Pre owners
If you have a Vive Pre and are planning to buy the Deluxe Audio Strap know that there are a few modifications that will be necessary when replacing the old strap. HTC highlights this info and says a free conversion kit will be sent to any Pre owners who make the purchase and email [email protected] More info on that is listed HERE.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016