The Lab was released as a demo by Valve to help display the Vive’s capabilities, but has easily become one of the best experiences in virtual reality with games like Slingshot, Longbow, and Xortex. With the recent restructuring of these games to include leaderboards and infinite rounds of gameplay we wanted to provide some video of these games in action.
While my skills are not top notch in these games the videos below are just an attempt to show how fun they are to play. You could easily play a few rounds with some friends watching nearby and then trade off so others could try to beat your previous scores. I know when I give friends a demo I always wish I could be next in line for some Longbow action.
In this game you go inside an arcade game and take hold of a tiny drone equipped with weapons to fight off the enemy. Classic mode involves waves with boss matches and Infinite mode keeps a steady stream of attackers coming at you.
In this one you get to fire cores at box towers with a goal of causing the most destruction. Hit explosive barrels to demolish the towers and earn extra cores as a reward. Directly hit the blue cubes to unlock tracer cores that will show their trajectory path before you release the slingshot.
Probably one of my most played Vive games so far! Defend your castle door by slaying the silhouette army with your arrows, explosive barrels, and hot oil. Each waves brings more heavily armored enemies at a faster pace. Try to keep up.
Coming Soon; Exploring the laboratory
As a bonus I’m going to include some time spent walking around sector eight where you can fly a drone, shot arrows, toss a core around the room for robo-dog to retrieve, and more. This video is still being edited, but will be online shortly.
Be sure to subscribe to the HTC VR Gaming YouTube channel for more gameplay and other exciting video content.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016