Digital Trends, a popular resource for viral technology has selected the Vive as the top digital product of the year. To summarize, the crew at Digital Trends says the Vive “shows us a whole new world in our living rooms.”
In my opinion, the Vive or virtual reality as a whole has been game changing during 2016. At the beginning of the year, I was anxious just to sample virtual reality. Now that we’ve been introduced to VR, realize this is just the tip of the iceberg.
We have seen so much this year, but it’s 2017 that holds more promise than the year before. Mobile and PC virtual reality systems came out and were met with overwhelming demand. The VR ecosystem is grateful for the early adopters that are helping to grow the user base and expand it where possible. When the Vive debuted in late March there were only 50 titles on Steam and at the end of the year there’s more than 1000 titles out there.
Virtual reality has to be more about the titles we get to experience. Let’s hope that 2017 expands on the use of virtual reality, makes augmented reality even more of a reality, and maybe by the end of the year we’ll hear rumors of a second generation Vive.
Congrats to HTC on all the accomplishments and cheers to many more milestones going forward.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016