Well, we knew it would happen and it appears to have happened sooner than we imagined. Someone has listed a brand new Vive on Swappa.com. The Swappa website lets you subscribe to certain categories so you can be notified when a device you’re looking for is placed on their virtual shelves and that’s how we found out about the listing so quickly. The Pennsylvania resident shows one picture of the Vive still snuggled in the shipping box and says the pre-ordered bundled code for the three free games is included with purchase.
Details on Swappa:
Within minutes of viewing the page on Swappa we noticed several details have changed on the listing.
End date: June 2nd
End date: May 17th
How to purchase on Swappa:
If we remember correctly, Swappa adds a fee to both sides of the transaction. Purchasers will be charged $10 and the seller pays about the same. That’s probably why the original listing was $1410 which meant the buyer was gonna pay both fees and the seller would have all their greedy money. The only method of completing a transaction is to use PayPal and that’s for the protection of all three parties; buyer, seller, and Swappa.
This is most likely a late April/early May recipient who read a few stories on Reddit of people reselling theirs with a nice markup. We don’t really know the reason for the seller to list this excellent product so we’re not gonna be too harsh, but it does seem like the goal is to make a profit from this pre-order.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016