Björk, the musician from Iceland is kicking off a year and a half long tour at Vivid Festival in Sydney, Australia known as the Björk Digital experience. Attendees can visit 5 unique spaces with different VR content revolving around the artist’s latest Album and a series of remastered music videos spanning her career.
I felt it was time to premier my recent virtual reality stuff and delighted to do so in Sydney.
Björk Digital Experience
Listed below are details of the 5 exhibits and the bonus VR cinema:
- Black Lake – A custom built immersive space featuring cutting edge surround sound. This exhibit was produced by a person from Los Angeles and was shown in the New York Museum of Modern Arts.
- Vulnicura VR – Seven 360° from Björk’s newest album which was released last year.
- Stonemilker VR – This exhibit lets you watch a 360° video of the first track from the Vulnicura album.
- Mouthmantra VR – Listen and watch from an interesting point of view, as Björk sings a song from her latest album… Inside her mouth!
- Björk Biophilia – Take a closer look at the apps and custom made musical instruments in Björk’s toolbox. Let this experience inspire you to be more creative or musically inclined.
- Björk Cinema – A curated project of music videos spanning her career in a new experience.
The Vivid Festival started this weekend and is two week long events. Björk made an appearance on Friday and Saturday where she DJ’d for several hours.
Björk’s virtual experiences are only available for concert and festival attendees right now, but we saw a comment on Facebook from someone who worked on this project and said the virtual videos would be available to all in due time. We’re not sure how valid the comment was, but it was on the Internet so it must be true. Well, we really want to see this available to the public, because this type of experience is a living testament of the power of VR beyond the gaming community. This collaboration puts into perspective how versatile virtual reality can be and could motivate a whole new breed of creative minds.
- Get your Vive Deluxe Audio Strap today! - June 6, 2017
- New PC bundle financing options with Vive - April 27, 2017
- Vive Tracker sells out in three days - April 7, 2017
- Vive anniversary deals are live! - April 5, 2017
- Back the PP Gun get a Vive Tracker in March, err April - March 2, 2017
- Sign-ups for Vive Tracker now open - January 25, 2017
- Vive hardware announced during CES 2017 - January 20, 2017
- VR For Impact offers $10million to develop for humanity - January 19, 2017
- Digital Trends calls Vive Best Product of 2016 - January 1, 2017
- Vive After Christmas Sale - December 27, 2016